Wednesday 27 October 2010

Intro

I'm not really sure how to explain the purpose of this blog so I'll tell you a bit about myself and more specifically what I'm doing this year and then how this blog kind of fits in...

My name is Jack Bishop, last year I was studying drums at Nexus which is a Christian music collage that is incredible, I was a long long way away from being the best drummer (only just scraping the foundation qualification that Nexus offers) but none the less I loved my year there, particularly enjoying the biblical studies, basically God moved me a lot last year and I felt that he still had a fair amount of work that he wanted to continue in me which in a round about way is how I've ended up at Oxygen
Oxygen is a part of YFC (Youth For Christ) which are a really good christian youth work charity. Oxygen is based in Kingston upon Thames, and runs various projects around this borough, I help out at; the two after school clubs (RM1); one of the youth groups run on the Kingsnympton council estate and I'm also involved with the basement which is currently being reshaped and is kind of a work in progress so is hard to explain. This year is really taking me out of my comfort zone as I'm naturally one of the most introverted person your ever likely or rather not likely to meet, so as you might guess this year is forcing me out of my shell and causing me to rely on God's strength and not my own ability, which is actually going better than I thought it would and I'm really enjoying everything thus far. Another thing that these two years are teaching me is how to answer the question "Who am I?" and helping me to put my identity in Christ. So now you know a (very) little bit about me and kind of why I'm at oxygen I'll explain some of the purpose of this blog:
1) To help keep those of you who are interested in my life and journey updated.
2) This week I have been set three challenges:
-Getting Oxygen into the media.
-Raising £4,000 (to cover the cost of me being at Oxygen and to help keep Oxygen running)
-To bless people (to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to the captives, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor) with just £20.

So I have made this Blog with the purpose of trying to complete these challenges by asking you to give me money; telling you all about Oxygen and asking you all to spread the news; and to ask you to try and help me bless those who need blessing, I have also set up a Facebook group with another of the gap year workers who I'm working with at Oxygen which has a similar purpose.

So if any of you have any ideas of how I can do any of this I would be most grateful, you can comment below, email me at jack.bishop@oxygen-online.org, facebook me, ring me, text me, talk to me, wave  or any other way you may have of contacting me I would love to hear from you all.
God bless.

yours in Christ 
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment